Hi guys! Hope you have had a great week! I thought I would send you into the weekend with scrumptious banana muffins! These are great for breakfast, for a snack, or… just because. I had ONE over ripe banana, that I could just not find in me to throw away. Typically I would make a fruit smoothie if I had any over ripe bananas on hand, which would have been the healthier thing to do, but I didn’t have any smoothie making ingredients on hand. So I was inspired by my one over ripe banana to come up with these muffins!
I present to you, Banana Honey Pecan Muffins!
Banana Honey Pecan Muffins
Makes 10 muffins
* This recipe is measured for using one large over ripe banana. Recipe can be doubled.
1/4 cup + 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
2 Tablespoons chopped pecans (or any nut of your choice)
1 & 1/2 teaspoon honey
pinch of salt
1 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
Half of a 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
Half of a 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1 large egg
1/3 cup honey
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 large over ripe banana- mashed
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup chopped pecans (or any nut of your choice)
- Heat oven to 350°. Line muffin pan with 10 muffin cup liners. If not using liners, spray muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium-size bowl, blend together flour and butter with your fingertips. (I used a fork)
- Stir in nuts, honey, and salt, working the mixture together to make crumbs. (Will be moist). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, and nutmeg. make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, vegetable oil, mashed banana, and vanilla extract. Pour wet ingredients into the well in flour mixture and stir using a spatula until just combined.
- Stir in nuts. Fill liners 3/4 full of batter. Sprinkle each one with topping.
- Bake for about 16 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in muffin tin about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Or enjoy them fresh and warm right out of the oven!