I’ve been on a cookie kick lately. In the past two months, I can’t tell you how many Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies I have made (and eaten)! I thought I would change it up completely and put this extra lemon I had to good use, in the form of a cookie! These are simple and very zesty!
To start off, whisk all your dry ingredients in a small bowl and then set it aside. Then using a mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, you beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Gradually add the flour mixture until completely combined.
Lemon Sugar Cookies Recipe
*Makes 26-30 cookies
- 2 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar for rolling the cookie dough balls
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set bowl to the side.
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the mixer bowl and mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop, make cookie dough balls one at a time, and then roll in sugar. Place the dough balls on the lined cookie sheets about one and a half to two inches apart.
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes, or until edges are just slightly beginning to turn brown. Mine baked for exactly 11 minutes.
Recipe from My Baking Addiction